Minggu, 01 November 2009

Patriotism

Thank you for all email readers who have given comments and responses to ify's piece of writing. She's really proud of having such good comments and highly appreciates it. As I promised to my students that I will choose 3 best writing to be mailed publicly through this mailing list, I look forward to your response and comments again on two other pieces of writing.

Their writings are not edited at all to keep the originality of theirs.

Patriotism

The word feels deep on the independence ceremony. For 3, 5 centuries all Indonesian fighters fight to their last drop of blood. Just 64 years ago Indonesia succeeded to end the pain. But now Indonesia is still been taken over by terrorism, crime, and other less-bloody factors such as our own behavior. There are ways to heal this and all Indonesia should do it. Many people leave the traditional culture right down to the simplest one such as teamwork. Many people ignore traditional uniform and
cultures and instead turn to foreign cultures. This thing also happened with more modern cultures in Indonesia.

Everybody loves foreign shows and movies more than Indonesian. If it keeps happening slowly but (un)surely the love to Indonesia will disappear, and before anybody can act suddenly Indonesia ceased to exist because of no support from its people.

Loving Indonesia is just one simple thing I, personally and everyone should do before anything else.. It is pointless if you help somebody you don’t like to help. Loving Indonesia by respecting and appreciating its culture, and of course it’s people. Now many people only look at Indonesia’s “dark” side and never look at It’s “bright”side. Sometimes even only compare Indonesia’s “darker” side with other’s “brighter” side just because there were cool or such. Even worse was “darken” the “bright” side of Indonesia and not appreciating the good things we do and only complains about what we do wrong. This manners must be removed from the society and we should appreciate every effort of this country to make it a better country. By loving Indonesia every other thing will be easy.

As a student I must use my time by doing a good thing. Every second count, we don’t now when we will never had a chance to help this nation anymore. I am and my friend by the way are the future generations of Indonesia and the world. The “threat” to Indonesia can be a great thing if we learn from it. There are many foreign cultures that are good-looking (which why people turn their faces to it). Some good culture can be learned and can be expressed our own way. These include the “big” culture like many fashions, movies, shows, skills, etc., and simpler culture like good manners. This is a big country and so we should protect it from all the mental colonization and our own bad morale and use the potential of this country to raise the country till its best.

Written by : Rayhan
Ramadhan (grade 7 SMP An-Nisaa, Bintaro Tangerang)

Root of patriotism

To defend our independence I will doo everything the best for my nation, like preserving the nature resource and cultural heritage, keeping this country away from criminal actions and preserving our traditional arts and cultures from being stolen by other countries. (Just having been done by Malaysia)
Someday I want to be a law expert to keep the justice for all people in my country. I will also suggest the government to be fair and transparent in running the
governmental activities.

The last but not least I will ask my friends together to save our nation and preserve our national resources. Those some efforts at least that I will do for my country. I love Indonesia.


Written
by: Didi (grade 7 SMP An-Nisaa, Bintaro Tangerang)

hank you for reading their composition. Please, type and send me your comments and response..

Sincerely,

Iin Hermiyanto
(An English Language Teacher teaching at SMP An-Nisaa, Bintaro Tangerang)